5.29.2006

Found Photos

I found this site a little while ago. I think that there is a good chance it is already out of comission, but it is still up, available, and pretty bloody amazing, in my opinion.
" In March of 2004 the Found Photos project came together on accident, by using a filesharing program seeking music and finding hundreds of photos in a folder instead. 120 Archives of photos have been created since then, each containing an average of 50+ photos hand selected from an average of 5000+ photos per archive. All photos displayed were publicly shared. " I'm well aware of the found object craze, but there is something about this site and the images that are selected to be shown that just makes sense. That's all I have.

-i.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the Zooster going to be diggin' thru the "attic" now looking for photo ops?

(See, I do check your blog out here and there!)

Anonymous said...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0893814814/103-8356918-1119017?v=glance&n=283155
http://www.art-dept.com/artists/waplington/

check it.

hydrocoil said...

Brilliant. Son of a bitch, it makes me mad because I don't have one fifty to just spend on this book, but wayne has two or three of his other books so I guess I'll be heading there next.

Thanks, love.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.