10.03.2006

Blatantly stolen from FecalFace

Rachell Sumpter rocks. She has shown up on fecalface before, and I've always wanted to check out her website and post on it but haven't gotten around to it until tonight.

"I paint what I paint because it’s what I think about; it’s what's important and has to come out. I don't really choose it, it sort of chooses me – there's no
compromise. I couldn't compromise; it wouldn't be mine anymore. Luckily I haven't had to worry about being hungry. I’m pretty frugal: don't buy much, don't drink much, don't like stuff around, so I end up not spending a lot of money."
"Music is good to me, so is photography, but its rare that I bond with paintings other than my own. Paintings usually feel more someone you know by default, rather than a best friend."

No comments: